A sales presentation aims to convince prospective clients of your value above your competitors. In the short time that’s allotted to you, you need to demonstrate that you understand the needs of your client, that you have the solution for them, and direct them to the next step in the sales process.
The perfect sales pitch is as succinct and direct as possible while still containing all necessary information. This is the biggest challenge when developing a sales presentation.
In this article, we’ll walk through how to create the perfect sales pitch and show you how you can easily leverage social media data with the Symanto Insights Platform to help you at key stages in your presentation.
Steps to Creating the Perfect Sales Pitch
1. Summarise your business with a value proposition
Your value proposition works as a general introduction to your brand. The idea here is to give a very brief overview of what your business is about. You can go into details later.
Your value proposition outlines who your business is for, what you do, how do you do it.
For example, the email marketing automation platform ConvertKit prominently displays its value proposition on its website:
Their value proposition clearly and succinctly answers the following questions:
- Who is it for? Creators / aspiring influencers and affiliate marketers.
- What does it do? Helps you find your audience, turn them into true fans, and earn a living
- How does it do it? With audience building and email marketing software.
2. Demonstrate that you understand your client and their customer base
Your first big challenge is to demonstrate that you intimately understand your client’s business and their customers.
The perfect sales pitch is tailored to each client. This shows that your product or service is directly relevant to them and establish right from the start that your business aligns with theirs.
Leverage social media data with the Symanto Insights Platform
With the Symanto Insights Platform, in just a few minutes you can use social media data to:
- Compare customer sentiment of your client’s brand with their main competitors.
- Understand key personality traits of their customer base.
- Find out what customers are saying about their brand and their competitors: what they love, what they dislike, whether or not they are recommending the brand.
3. Identify and illustrate a pain point
Explain the main challenge that your product or service will solve.
- Research and identify a challenge that your prospective client is facing, then convert it into an aspiration. For example, you’ve noticed a drop in productivity amongst your team as they work from home (problem). You want to find an effective way to motivate your team and boost morale (aspiration).
- You may be alerting your prospective client to a problem they didn’t even know they had. So you need to be able to illustrate the extent of the problem for them and demonstrate that it is something they need to overcome.
- Address solutions they may have already tried that aren’t as effective as your solution or that throw up other challenges for them. For example, you’ve tried employee monitoring software, but your employees find this intrusive, and it’s negatively impacted trust amongst your staff.
Pinpoint main challenges with Symanto Insights Platform
The Symanto Insights Platform enables you to get clear statistics on the challenges faced by your client based on what their customers or employees are saying.
- As well as social media, the Symanto Insight Platform can scrape data from 75+ review sites including Google Reviews, Trustpilot, TripAdvisor and Glassdoor.
- The Symanto Insights Platform breaks down data by topic and sentiment to show which are the main problems faced by a brand and its competitors.
- Unlike other brand sentiment tools, Symanto’s deep learning AI technology can understand words in their context to improve accuracy.
For example, the sentence “I don’t eat shrimp” is highly negative, but in the context “I don’t eat shrimp, so I told the caterer and she made sure to accommodate me,” the sentiment is positive. Symanto’s advanced text sentiment analysis recognises these nuances. This level of accuracy enables you to confidently identify your clients’ challenges.
- Symanto organises data into intuitive charts which you can include in your presentation to visually demonstrate the extent of their challenge.
4. Present your solution
Now is the ideal time in your sales pitch to introduce your product or service as the solution.
- If possible (and not too time-consuming) include a quick (emphasis on quick) demonstration of your product in action.
- Clearly outline several key benefits. Some examples of benefits include: “grow your customer base,” “boost productivity”, “save time and money,” and “build customer relationships.”
- Give clear examples of how your solution can help.
- Explain how your business offers a better solution than your competitors.
- Utilise case studies, reviews and testimonials as proof that your solution has worked in the past.
Use the Symanto Insights Platform to find out what your customers are saying
- Explore your strengths according to your customers.
- Pull positive comments and reviews that you can directly quote in your sales pitch.
- Find out what your customers are saying about your competitors
5. End with a call to action
A strong call to action (CTA) helps guide your client to the next part of your sales process. What do they need to do to get started?
Ideally, all sales pitches would culminate with your client signing up on the spot, and the only CTAs necessary would be “buy now” or “sign up”. But you don’t want to completely alienate or lose leads that need a little more convincing. Do you offer a free trial or a free consultation? Where can they go if they have more questions?
Enhance your sales pitches with the Symanto Insights Platform
Within minutes you can get clear insights into the strengths and challenges faced by a brand and its competitors. As we have demonstrated the Symanto Insights Platform has many different applications when it comes to creating the perfect sales pitch and it has many other features besides.